Creating colour libraries
1. What you want to be able to do in MURAL
The ability to create colour libraries that you can then share with your colleagues so everyone is working with the same Hex Codes. Features could include:
- Ability to select/deselect colour libraries in the Mural settings (this is to avoid a loooooong swatch list and know you are working with the colours you want)
- Ability to create & name your on libraries.
- Library can be shared with othr colleagues (automaticaly shared if selected in settings)
- Collaborators can decide to save the library to their resources so they can access again in the future
- Ability to mass upload Hex Code Library from brand guidelines to create a new swatch library
2. The problem you are trying to solve
I work with different clients who each have their own brand guidelines and we try to use their colours when creating Murals for them. I have also used Murals for DE&I events like Pride Month, Diwally, Lunar New Year etc. each of them requiring a specific colour scheme. This means the library keeps growing and growing which is too much, or you have to end up removing colours which you might then have to re-add at a later stage.
3. Why this helps everyone (or many people)
When collaborating with others, they need to create their own colours or stick with the provided palette. The ability to share, would make it easier for everyone to have access to a consistent colour library.
Mural can even start with DEI related libraries that people can use.