A new way to navigate MURAL.co 🧭 🗺
Hello fellow community members! My name’s Josh, and I’m a Senior UX Designer on the web team 👋
While I’m sure many of you are familiar with our product, I’m here today to discuss something else very exciting; our website. The marketing website is a key part of interfacing with every MURAL user, potential or otherwise. That’s why today, we’re excited to share with you all some changes we’re making to our site's navigation.
Previously, our nav was very bare bones, including some links to pages within dropdowns without context. Unless you knew what you were looking for, it was very difficult to understand what nav items meant, where they took you, and what that page might be about. Additionally, it was just a little…. boring.
Well, we’ve fixed that with this latest update! Here’s what we’ve been up to:
- We’ve reconfigured which links live in the nav, surfacing more relevant content and removing things that nobody clicked on
- We’ve added icons and descriptions to each dropdown item, giving context and flair where there wasn’t any before
- We’ve completely redesigned our mobile experience to ensure that it works on 100% of devices
- Lastly, we’re making use of all this new space to showcase templates, blog posts, and other content that is highly relevant to our users
- We’re going to continue to refine this design based on your feedback, adding/removing/arranging the links to best suit your needs
- We want to make it as fun and engaging as possible; it is part of MURAL, after all!
We need your help!
Take a moment to navigate to mural.co and click around! Comment below if our new configuration makes sense for you, if it works on your device, and if you like how it looks! If you don’t like it…. let us know anyway!
I’ll be checking in as your comments come in, to see what y’all are saying, and to share with you any updates and insights we receive. Thanks so much for your involvement, and thanks for being a part of the MURAL Community!