New Template Feedback Needed! Our MURAL Museum - Pre-Course Template
We are working on a template that Instructors can send to their students before the first class to get used to working in MURAL, while also curating a space for them to get to know each other and their expectations for the course. Please let us know your thoughts and feedback!
Our MURAL Museum - Pre-Course Template
Get your students prepared to collaborate in MURAL before your first class while also getting to know them and their expectations for your course.
With the MURAL MUSEUM of [Insert Course Title :-)], you can create an intimate exhibition space for students (and you) to get to know their soon-to-be-classmates and share their expectations of the course. Not only will this template help deepen connections between students, it creates an artifact that you can reference and reflect upon as you move forward through your course. The process of completing the museum will give students the opportunity to learn the basics of MURAL and set them up for success when they begin to visually collaborate as part of your course.
The halls of the museum include:
1. FEATURED ARTISTS BIOS: Help us get to know you through a short bio, while practicing navigating the board and typing into a sticky
2. WORDS OF WISDOM: Share some timely wisdom with a quote or proverb that's been meaningful to you these days. Learn how to create a post-it, move it around, and change its color
3. DIGITAL COLLAGE: Tell a story that shows us something important about you, but only with images. Practice how to insert, move, and manipulate images and icons
4. GLOBAL MEDIA: Mark where you call home and pick up how to insert videos into the MURAL board
5. MAPS OF MINDS: Create a diagram that maps how you're thinking about this course right now, including questions, things you're curious about, and anything else that comes to mind. Learn how to create diagrams with shapes, text, and connectors
6. MUSEUM LIBRARY: Contribute to our library with an article or publication that's advanced your thinking in a significant way. Practice adding hyperlinks to images and commenting
7. GREAT EXPECTATIONS: State the most important things you'd like to take away from this class. They can be skill-based, learnings, deliverables, or anything else that's important to you. Practice creating stickies and commenting.
Remember: Any hall of the museum can be updated to better suit your specific course and group of students, just create the mural from the template and update the text boxes in the Exhibition Section and the corresponding museum map. We hope you and your students have fun getting to know each other while learning MURAL!