💡 Feature idea: Support image transparency & cutting out from background

manuel
manuel ✭✭✭✭
edited June 2021 in Feature Ideas

As far as I know, Mural does not support transparency in images yet and removing the background from an image is not possible either. I understand, Mural is not supposed to be an image editing tool, but two tools would be very helpful to create visual murals:

1. What you want to be able to do in MURAL: I like to work with visually with lots of icons and images in Mural. And sometimes I would like to combine several images to one or move them over a textbox or a shape etc. It would be great if Mural supported transparent backgrounds in GIF/PNG and if there was a simple tool to define a background color to be removed (e.g. by a color picker to select the white or black background in the image and to remove it easily). There are tools around there, but both would be very cool to have in Mural built-in (like the Crop-tool which comes in very handy).

2. The problem you are trying to solve: Images stacked over each other or layered over other elements (shapes e.g.) without the background being removed (or without the transparency effect) look "not so nice" and could look a lot better if those requests were support. Would be helpful to combine several images to a visual mural :-)

3. Why this helps everyone (or many people): It would look so much better and allow us to make our Mural even more visually appealing :-)

3 votes

Open for voting · Last Updated

Would you like to see this? 👀 Up vote the idea, and share your use cases below to help us understand how you would use this idea. 💡

Comments