⚡⚡ Quick tip — 5 Introvert friendly facilitation tips
I sit solidly between extroversion and introversion. An ambivert in the truest sense of the word. As a facilitator, I learned early on that if I don't carve out space for introverts, extroverts take over and the quietest voices in the room get lost in the shuffle. How do we do this virtually?
- Build thoughtful pre-work that explores the topic you will discuss and lead participants to reflect before the enter our virtual room
- Start with an agenda and clearly show internal and external processing activities
- Use virtual rooms to shrink the number of people that introverts are interacting with
- Build out plenty of break and reflection time
- Give people assigned spaces on the canvas to brainstorm alone
What are your favorite virtual facilitation tips for supporting introverts?