We are excited you are here in our "neighborhood." Allow me to be your tour guide as we take a look around the community!
We call our community categories "Neighborhoods" - and there are many to explore! This is how we organize the content in our community.
Tags are a secondary method we use to organize and sort content in the community. Think of it like you're assigning a "theme" to your content.
If you don't see a tag that you would like to use, let us now by posting on this discussion!
The more you do, the more badges you earn! You will earn sweet digital badges as you engage in the community. (e.g. give WOWs, comment, etc.) These actions earn you points and points earn you stuff.
Be on the look out for opportunities to earn custom badges in the future like participating in a community campaign or contest! Lurking will only get you so far here, and no one wants a lurker for a neighbor. 😉
How to Act
Be sure to check out our Community Participation Guide! It has guidelines on how to be the best neighbor, and explains what kind of behaviors won't be tolerated. If you feel someone isn't following the guide, flag it for us and we'll check out the situation.
Community How Tos
Get Started | Create a New Discussion
We encourage everyone to create new discussions! It's easy and it really gets the creative juices flowing.
Step 1: Click the "New Discussion" Button
Step 2: Select the appropriate category from the dropdown
Step 3: Give your Discussion a Title
Step 4: Jot down what's on your mind in the body of the discussion
Step 5 is optional: do a happy dance 🕺
More tips on how to use the community like a Pro:
- Use the reactions. These let you share how you feel about other’s comments. The most liked content shows up on the [Best Of](/bestof) page.
- Mention others. Put an @ symbol before the username to mention someone. They’ll get notified when you do.
- Update your notification preferences. You’ll receive a notification if someone mentions you or posts to a discussion that you’ve bookmarked. You can set notifications from the Edit Profile page.
- Send messages. You can private message members by going to your inbox, or visiting their profile page (click their username anywhere).
- Don’t want to see everyone’s signature? You can hide signatures by going to Edit Profile > Signature Settings.
- Check out the community from your mobile phone. Just go to the community URL in your browser - no need to download an app.
- Want to embed a YouTube video, a Pinterest Pin or a Tweet? Just paste in the link. Vanilla will handle the embedding for you!
- Check out what’s going on with other community members on the [Activity](/activity) page.
*Note: We will be continuously adding to this section as FAQs about using the community come up!
- Everyone is welcome to use SSO when signing into this community site. Simply sign up using your MURAL credentials. Community Users must have a MURAL account to participate in this community.
- Check your spam folder for our Welcome email if you didn’t see one come through upon sign up.
Have fun! 😄