💡Feature Idea: magnify or zoom icons (and images) in their search panel

manuel
manuel ✭✭✭✭
edited December 2021 in Feature Ideas

1. What you want to be able to do in MURAL

I would like to be able to zoom / magnify or change the size of the icons (and images) in the search panel.

2. The problem you are trying to solve

My bad eyes ;-) Sometimes it's hard for me to recognize details when there are just very small previews of some higly sophisticated icons (or images) and I woudl have to click and drag them to my mural to resize them. This is quite time-consuming if you have to do that on a regular basis. Therefore it would be helpful to be able to have a size slider to increase the size as you like to as a user or to have a shortcut to preview images larger e.g. in a floating overlay or so. E.g. press space bar to open a large preview of the selected icon/image.

I would prefer the zoom slider to increase the size of all icons at once, although that would mean that only 2 instead of 4 icons would be displayed per row. Refers to the image search panel as well.

3. Why this helps everyone (or many people)

I assume that some other people have bad eyes, too. Therefore about half of the earth's population (or at least half of MURAL's user base) could benefit from this ;-)

Tagged:
1 votes

Open for voting · Last Updated

Would you like to see this? 👀 Up vote the idea, and share your use cases below to help us understand how you would use this idea. 💡

Comments

• drewan
    drewan Mural Team mod

@manuel This isn't exactly what you're proposing, but maybe it could help you? You can adjust the browsers zoom level. Eg., in Chrome from the '...' menu there are these controls:

Increasing this increases my icons in the search result panel

• manuel
    manuel ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2021

Actually I don't want to zoom in and out in my browser everytime I need to pick an icon or image. But this kind of options just for the image & icon panels would be cool :-) Because I always think of my workshop teams, too. People need it as easy as possible and for many zooming in and out in the browser is a hidden feature that they do not use, I suppose...